Meet My Farmer: Shooting Star Acres

Meet My Farmer: Shooting Star Acres

Article and photos by Luke Lawrence

FARMER SPOTLIGHT: Introducing Alicia and Hunter Weiss, the duo behind

Shooting Star Acres! Alicia and Hunter have been living out their dream for a year and a half now in Dearing, GA, where their extended family of chickens and ducks are FREE to roam as they please! Having moved to the greater Augusta area several years ago, the couple traded in their Grovetown residence in favor of a more natural environment; one surrounded by nature and animals where they could pursue their dream of operating a farm and animal rescue! Hunter, a veteran, works full-time at Fort Gordon, as well as helping around the farm building enclosures and equipment, while Alicia runs the farm full-time while also raising their two beautiful children,

Ayden and Ayla. The duo, with the help of their eager children, work day-in and day-out to ensure that their animals are treated with the utmost care and respect. “The animals are cared for here, they are loved; each bird has a name and their own

personality,” says Alicia, who, even when not working on the farm, can often be found just spending time with the animals, loving on them and making sure they are taken care of.


To Alicia and Hunter, farming is not a job but a way of life. It is getting back in-tune with nature, it is understanding and knowing the beauty of loving and treating each animal with respect. It takes hard work and dedication to make sure that

their animals and products are treated with such care, but Alicia and Hunter would

not want it any other way. Augusta Locally Grown is thankful for Alicia and Hunter

and their dedication to farming with a love and care that radiates across Shooting Star

Acres!




Comments

  1. I am here to testify how a great man called dr_azago helped me out with herbs and roots which he prepared for me in use of curing my Herpes. I take his product ( cure ) for ( 14 ) days before I knew I was totally cured out of it, and I promised him that I will testify my healing to the whole world about how he cured me which I am very happy I am doing now, dr_azago also cure all kinds of diseases, HEPATITIS, A, B, C, CANCER, DIABETICS, and, ALL KINDS OF SPELL CAST, and so much more, please you can get him contacted on his He can also cure following virus ( 1 ). Herpes ( 2 ).Cancer ( 3 ). Hepatitis ( 4 ). Hiv / aids ( 5 ).PCOS ( 6 ).Fibroid
    Contact him on>drazagoherbalcenter@yahoo.com
    or WhatsApp him >+23490598699991

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Meet My Farmer: Cassava Breads