Meet My Farmer: Cassava Breads

 Meet My Farmer: Cassava Breads

Photos and story by Luke Lawrence

Since April 2017 Solomon Cohen and his family have been living the American Dream. A trained chef and caterer, Solomon left these positions behind to pursue his own goals and start his own business. “I always knew that I wanted to work for myself,” Solomon told me as we were chatting in the kitchen that he was leasing out. It was easy to sense Solomon’s entrepreneurial spirit as we talked. No matter what we were discussing, he was constantly focused in on what he had to do that moment for his business. Day-in and day-out, Solomon, with the help of some part-t

imers and occasionally his wife, works to market and build his brand, make orders, and ensure that his products are of the highest quality and delivered to his customers with the utmost care. “It is an every day job, more than full time,” Solomon told me as he offered me some of his delicious garlic cassava bread, the main product crafted by his company, Cassava Breads (formerly Papa Mountain). Most days of the week, you can find Solomon up by 5 a.m. devoting his waking hours to Cassava Breads. For over three years now, this has been Solomon’s life, and, for someone who started a business at age 22 with no background in business processes, this has not been an easy journey. 


Beginning as a small stand at a local Saturday Market, Solomon and his wife have worked hard branding, networking, researching, developing recipes and products, and everything in between. “We started with nothing, and we had to learn everything as we went.” To be so young and to have to juggle so many tasks is truly a remarkable feat, I thought to myself as I continued to chat with Solomon. However, the difficulty in his journey, while felt, did not seem to phase him as we chatted. “I wouldn’t want to be doing anything else,” Solomon assured me, “to be creating healthy, delicious products with clean ingredients that people love, I wouldn’t want it any other way.” Solomon’s hard work continues to bring him success as Cassava Breads is now looking to expand production and have their products be supported by major retailers such as Whole Foods and Kroger. “Within five years we want our product to be on a national scale through major retailers, that’s the dream,” and what a dream that is. After having spoken with Solomon for quite some time, I have no doubt that he and his family will continue to push their business into greater and greater success. 

The Cohens, who now have two young children, have faced much adversity in their business journey. The odds have been stacked against them from the beginning, with very little outside support. Solomon assured me, though, that this will never stop his and his family’s dream. “You know you’re on the right path if you face scrutiny, criticism, all of it. To be able to make something that’s your own and build it up, that’s what it’s all about.” In a time where hope is scarce and The American Dream is few and far between, Solomon and his family give me hope that things are going to be okay, and that, through hard work and dedication, your goals can be reached. You can find Cassava Breads on Augusta Locally Grown’s weekly marketplace, which I highly recommend after tasting Solomon’s products. Help him and his family realize their dream, I promise that you will not regret it. 


Comments

  1. We tried to get pregnant for a few years in a local clinic. There were no results. We've tried everything possible but nothing. We were recommended to use donor eggs. I knew we have to try herbal made medicine. I was terrified. I didn't know how to go about it and where to begin my search. When my friend recommended me to Dr Itua herbal medicine in Western African. I thought she was joking. I knew nothing about that country and I was afraid  with shame I must say I thought it was a little bit...wild? Anyway she convinced me to at least check it out. I've done the research and thought that maybe this really is a good idea. Dr Itua has reasonable prices. Also it has high rates of successful treatments. Plus it uses Natural Herbs. Well I should say I was convinced. My Husband gave it a try and now we can say it was the best decision in our lives. We were trying for so long to have a child and suddenly it all looked so simple. The doctors and staff were so confident and hopeful they projected those feelings on me too. I am so happy to be a mother and eternally thankful to Dr Itua  and Lori My Dear Friend. Don’t be afraid and just do it! Try Dr itua herbal medicine today and sees different in every situation.Dr Itua Contact Info...Whatsapp+2348149277967/drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Dr Itua have cure for the following diseases.All types of cancer,Liver/Kidney inflammatory,Fibroid,Infertility.Diabetes,Herpes Virus,Diabetis,Bladder cancer,Brain cancer,Esophageal cancer,Gallbladder cancer,Gestational trophoblastic disease,Head and neck cancer,Hodgkin lymphoma. Intestinal cancer,Kidney cancer,Leukemia,Liver cancer,Lung cancer,Melanoma,Mesothelioma,Multiple myeloma,Neuroendocrine tumors. Non-Hodgkin lymphoma,Oral cancer,Ovarian cancer,Sinus cancer,Skin cancer,Soft tissue sarcoma,Spinal cancer,Stomach cancer. Testicular cancer,Throat cancer,Thyroid Cancer,Uterine cancer,Vaginal cancer,Vulvar cancerBipolar Disorder, Bladder Cancer,Colorectal Cancer,HPV,Breast Cancer,Anal cancer.Appendix cancer.,Kidney Cancer,Prostate Cancer,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Adrenal cancer.Bile duct cancer,Bone cancer.Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,OsteoporosisAlzheimer's disease,Brain cancer.Dementia.Weak Erection,Love Spell,Leukemia,Fribroid,Infertility,Parkinson's disease,Inflammatory bowel disease ,Fibromyalgia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be honest with doctor Twaha herbal medicine you are free from herpes virus disease we bless god almighty for sending Dr. Twaha Herbal Home to the world to help people cure this disease am so happy to found a good man like this God keep blessing you for me if you also need help from this good man kindly WhatsApp him via +2349038518881 or email him drlregbeyen10000@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Meet My Farmer: Shooting Star Acres